Rating (0 votes):
Not yet rated
( Send PM
Franni Franken makes Auntie Carla's Pumpkin Cornbread on Almanac
2 cups cornmeal
2 cups white flour
1 cup sugar
2 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
2-1/4 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. On the first speed of a hand or standing mixer, beat together the eggs, oil, pumpkin puree and milk.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry in three batches with a rubber spatula. The batter will be smooth, and is more fluffy than liquidy.
5. Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 baking pan (or two loaf pans), and place in the middle rack of the oven.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick stuck in the middle of the cornbread comes out dry.
7. Let the cornbread cool for ten minutes, and then cut into pieces and serve.